All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth guide to understanding probability distributions and financial modeling for the purposes of investment management In Financial Models with Levy Processes and Volatility Clustering, the expert author team provides a framework to model the behavior of stock returns in both a univariate and a multivariate setting, providing you with practical applications to option pricing and portfolio management. They also explain the reasons for working with n-rmal distribution in financial modeling and the best methodologies for employing it. The book's framework includes the basics of probability distributions and explains the alpha-stable distribution and the tempered stable distribution. The authors also explore discrete time option pricing models, beginning with the classical rmal model with volatility clustering to more recent models that consider both volatility clustering and heavy tails. * Reviews the basics of probability distributions * Analyzes a continuous time option pricing model (the so-called exponential Levy model) * Defines a discrete time model with volatility clustering and how to price options using Monte Carlo methods * Studies two multivariate settings that are suitable to explain joint extreme events Financial Models with Levy Processes and Volatility Clustering is a thorough guide to classical probability distribution methods and brand new methodologies for financial modeling.
- Author BiographySVETLOZAR T. RACHEV is Chair-Professor in Statistics, Econometrics, and Mathematical Finance at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in the School of Economics and Business Engineering; Professor Emeritus at the University of California, Santa Barbara; and Chief Scientist at FinAnalytica Inc. YOUNG SHIN KIM is a scientific assistant in the Department of Statistics, Econometrics, and Mathematical Finance at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). MICHELE Leonardo BIANCHI is an analyst in the Division of Risk and Financial Innovation Analysis at the Specialized Intermediaries Supervision Department of the Bank of Italy. FRANK J. FABOZZI is Professor in the Practice of Finance and Becton Fellow at the Yale School of Management and Editor of the Journal of PortfolioManagement. He is an Affiliated Professor at the University of Karlsruhe's Institute of Statistics, Econometrics, and Mathematical Finance and serves on the Advisory Council for the Department of Operations Research and Financial Engineering at Princeton University.
- Author(s)Frank J. Fabozzi,Michele L. Bianchi,Svetlozar T. Rachev,Young Shim Kim
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/03/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleFrank J. Fabozzi Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight698 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.