Financial Reporting for Financial Instruments by Stephen G. Ryan (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $143.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinancial Reporting for Financial Instruments develops the foundational kwledge related to financial instruments and the markets in which they trade, financial institutions and their internal decision-making and external circumstances, and currently required and credible alternative financial reporting for financial instruments. While the main focus is the financial reporting for financial instruments, the author also considers financial reporting by financial institutions. Particularly commercial banks and thrifts for the following reasons: First, financial institutions are the largest holders of financial instruments, with both sides of their balance sheets typically dominated by these instruments. Second, financial institutions provide rich sets of information about their financial instruments, individually and collectively, in their financial reports. Third, financial institutions play essential roles in providing liquidity and absorbing or distributing various types of ecomic risks. Fourth, it is often suggested that banks and other types of financial institutions are amenable to accounting research due to their homogeneity. Financial Reporting for Financial Instruments gives an introduction to fundamental issues in financial reporting for financial instruments that is accessible to readers who do t have extensive prior kwledge of structured finance transactions and of the accounting for those transactions. It is however assumed that readers have reasonable background kwledge about financial instruments and solid understandings of introductory financial accounting. Following the introduction, Chapter 2 provides important background information for the topics covered in this mograph. Chapter 3 examines banks' loan loss accruals. Chapter 4 examines fair value accounting for financial instruments. Chapter 5 examines instruments-such as derivatives, loan commitments, and retained residual securities from securitizations-which have small values relative to their risks, i.e., are risk-concentrated. Finally, chapter 6 examines required risk disclosures related to financial instruments in financial reports under GAAP and SEC rules.
- Author(s)Stephen G. Ryan
- Publishernow publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprintnow publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.