All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe on-going ecomic crisis commenced in the sphere of finance, spread into production lines and quickly became a global recession. In Financialisation in Crisis, several well-kwn political ecomists draw on the insights of Marxist and other heterodox ecomics to argue that the turmoil of 2007-2009 represents a crisis of financialised capitalism, and is thus systemic and unusual. The book puts the crisis in its appropriate context, drawing on Marxist and other urthodox ecomics to cast light on the broader implications of financialisation for society.
- Author BiographyCostas Lapavitsas: is Professor of Economics at the School of Oriental and African Studies. He has published extensively on the political economy of money and finance. His publications include Social Foundations of Markets, Money and Credit (Routledge, 2003).
- Author(s)Costas Lapavitsas
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleHistorical Materialism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 32
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.