All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProbably issue during the most recent financial crisis aroused more passion than financial institution bailouts. Focusing on the policymaking behind the decisions to bail out these institutions--t just during the most recent crisis, but also throughout history--this account argues that the genesis of financial crisis lies in government policy, whether in the mismanagement of monetary policy during the 1930s or in the extraordinary push of consumers into homeownership leading up to the current crisis. This detailed analysis is an essential read in order to understand why the United States has become so reliant on such interventions.
- Author BiographyVern McKinley has more than 25 years of experience as a consultant, an attorney, a financial analyst, and a policy analyst. He has been a legal advisor and regulatory policy expert for central banks and financial agencies, including the Asian Development Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the U.S. Treasury, and the World Bank. He has also contributed a chapter to Central Bank Modernization and has contributed articles to various national and international publications, such as Regulation magazine, USA Today magazine, and the Washington Times. He lives in Ashburn, Virginia.
- Author(s)Vern McKinley
- PublisherIndependent Institute,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndependent Institute,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.