All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWill American academic and research libraries be able to cope with the current techlogical, ecomic, and organizational issues that are bringing about rapid changes in information services or must fundamental changes first take place within these libraries? The twelve essays collected by Spyers-Duran and Mann attempt to answer this question. Section I: Problems, contains essays on the precarious financial environment of today's academic institutions; the erosion of funding levels in British university libraries; and realistic suggestions for financial planning in academic libraries. Section II: Changing Approaches, offers discussions on the importance of sharing scholarly resources; the discrepancy between library budgets and services offered; the growing role of the library in the information industry; a review of funding formulas in the academic library; and the changing needs, sources, and styles of financial planning. The final section of the book explores new opportunities for academic and research libraries, and includes information on current library automation; information-sharing among member libraries; external contracting for library services; and grantsmanship.
- Author Biographyyers-Duran /f Peter /r ed. n /f Thomas /i W. /s Jr. /r ed.
- Author(s)Peter Spyers-Duran,Thomas Mann
- Date of Publication24/07/1985
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleNew directions in librarianship
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 6
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight387 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byThomas W. Mann
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.