All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionFinancing Public Schools moves beyond the basics of financing public elementary and secondary education to explore the historical, philosophical, and legal underpinnings of a viable public school system. Coverage includes the operational aspects of school finance, including issues regarding teacher salaries and pensions, budgeting for instructional programs, school transportation, and risk management. Diving deeper than other school finance books, the authors explore the political framework within which schools must function, discuss the privatization of education and its effects on public schools, offer perspectives regarding education as an investment in human capital, and expertly explain complex financial and ecomic issues. This comprehensive text provides the tools to apply the many and varied fiscal concepts and practices that are essential for aspiring public school administrators who aim to provide responsible stewardship for their students. Special Features: * Definitional Boxes and Key Terms throughout chapters enhance understanding of difficult concepts. * Coverage of legal, political, and historical issues provides a broader context and more complex understanding of school finance. * Offers in-depth exploration of business management of financial resources, including fiscal accounting, school facilities, school transportation, financing with debt, and the nuances of school budgeting techniques.
- Author BiographyKern Alexander is Excellence Professor of Educational Administration at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA. Richard G. Salmon is Professor Emeritus of Educational Leadership at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA. F. King Alexander is Professor in the College of Human Sciences and Education, Louisiana State University (LSU), USA.
- Author(s)F. King Alexander,Kern Alexander,Richard G. Salmon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.