All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.02
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis title comes with 18 projects and more than 250 pictures. It is an engaging and accessible introduction to these amazing plants - discover the life-cycle of trees, their different parts and what they do, and learn when the first trees appeared on Earth. 18 easy-to-do projects bring the subject to life - make a collection of bark rubbings and pressed leaves, germinate an acorn, and demonstrate how plants search out sources of light. More than 250 illustrations include step-by-step photographs and explanatory diagrams. It is ideal for 8- to 12-year-olds for home or school use. Trees grow all over the world, from the frozen Arctic to the steamy jungles around the Equator. They provide us with food to eat, clean air to breathe and many useful materials that we use every day. Thousands of creatures live among their branches or burrow around their roots. This fascinating fact file and learn-it-yourself book reveals the secret life of trees - how leaves make food by photosynthesis, what goes on inside the trunk, how to work out a tree's age, and much more. Hands-on projects and experiments show budding scientists how to dissect fruits and seeds, hunt for woodland minibeasts, calculate a tree's height, and how water travels up a plant's stem. Detailed photographs and diagrams accompany all of the projects and illustrate the different types of tree, the various kinds of forest habitat, and what prehistoric trees looked like, bringing young readers closer to nature.
- Author BiographyPeter Mellett has worked as an editor, writer and consultant for many children's and adult titles, in the subject areas of general science, chemistry, biology, physics, Earth science, astronomy and medical books.
- Author(s)Peter Mellett
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArmadillo Books
- Content Noteover 250 pictures
- Weight376 g
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.