All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinding Augusta breaks new ground, revising how media studies interpret the relationship between our bodies and techlogy. This is a challenging exploration of how, for both good and ill, the sudden ubiquity of mobile devices, GPS systems, haptic techlogies, and other forms of media alter individuals' experience of their bodies and shape the social collective. The author succeeds in problematizing the most salient fact of contemporary mobile media techlogies, namely, that they have become, like highways and plumbing, an infrastructure that regulates habit. Audacious in its originality, Finding Augusta will be of great interest to art and media scholars alike.
- Author BiographyHEIDI RAE COOLEY is an assistant professor in the Department of Art at the University of South Carolina.
- Author(s)Heidi Rae Cooley
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDartmouth College Press
- Weight395 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.