Finding Balance: Healing from a Decade of Vestibular Disorders by Sue Hickey (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 10 million adults in the United States have chronic problems with dizziness and imbalance - vestibular problems. This compares to 400,000 with Multiple Sclerosis or 1.5 million with Autism for example, both chronic illnesses with much greater name recognition. Vestibular problems are difficult to diagse and treat. While vestibular problems come with various medical names (Meniere's, Perilymph Fistula, Endolymphatic Hydrops, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), Mal de Debarquement (MdDS), and others) they present a common challenge for the affected person on how to deal with the dizziness and eventually find balance. Finding Balance addresses over a decade of illness, from the initial two years searching for a diagsis, through the long years of treatment and finally to the period of rebuilding a life within the confines of what dizziness and vertigo will allow. Finding Balance provides a detailed description of symptoms, what can trigger them, the emotional reactions to symptoms, how to recognise their subtle differences and how to track them in order to contribute to your own diagsis. It also emphasises the patient's responsibility for healing and eventually how to find the inner balance in life that will be necessary to equitably live with these symptoms over time and it provides a sense of time, of patience. Special features of Finding Balance include:* Call-out boxes presenting facts and tips for dealing with the disorder* All of the medical information in the book has been reviewed by Vestibular Specialists for accuracy* Bulleted lists at the end of chapter with advice to the reader on next steps
- Author Biographyis a retired executive who was diagnosed twelve years ago with vestibular disorders, commonly known as balance disorders. She has focused her full time attention for the past twelve years on healing from the series of balance disorders she lives with. In the process she has become a patient-expert on the subject of balance disorders. Prior to her diagnosis she worked for twenty-five years in the energy and environmental field; her last position was as Chief Operating Officer of Bonneville Power (BPA). She currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Vestibular Disorders Association.
- Author(s)Sue Hickey
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Weight331 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.