All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen aimless, nineteen-year-old boyhood friends catch war fever at the height of the Vietnam conflict, they dream of adventure, glory and the romance of victory. Within weeks of beginning their combat tour as U.S. Marines, one is dead, a hero who has selflessly sacrificed his life to save his friend. Grievously wounded, the comatose survivor fights to stay alive for the girl they both loved. Finding David is the touching story of young, unfinished lives, unquenchable love, broken hearts and haunted minds, and an enduring devotion to Semper Fi - always faithful. Although Finding David is a work of fiction, it is based on a war that fifty years later is still a source of pain that changed America forever. For many of those who fought the battles of Vietnam and returned to a deeply divided country, the scars of their service are often unhealed and untreated. It was in the wake of Vietnam that we began to recognize and confront one of war's most horrific legacies: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Finding David is a story dedicated to a nineteen-year-old friend and classmate, David Michael Kirk, who survived just fifty-five days in the jungles of Vietnam as a U.S. Marine, in the hope that it helps to continue to raise awareness of the desperate need for greater efforts to help those suffering from PTSD.
- Author BiographyF. Mark Granato's long career as a writer, journalist and communications executive in a Fortune 50 Corporation earned him extensive international experiences on virtually every continent. He is now pursuing a life-long ambition to write fiction and especially to explore the What if? questions of history. In addition to Finding David, he is the author of the novels Of Winds and Rage, a work of historical fiction based on the Great 1938 New England Hurricane, Beneath His Wings: The Plot to Murder Lindbergh and Titanic: The Final Voyage. He writes from his home in Wethersfield, Connecticut with the help of a large German Shepherd named Groban who occasionally asks probing questions.
- Author(s)F Mark Granato
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.