All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelana has never kwn her parents. Raised by her Aunt Tilley and a reclusive grandfather, Delana has led a sheltered existence, nurtured on her aunt's wild family histories. But when Aunt Tilley dies, Delana confronts her pent-up curiosities and embarks on a quest to unravel her aunt's fictions and draw out her mysterious grandfather. In searching for her true history, Delana finds herself, and a home in the one place she never thought to look. This moving fictional story is imagined from real antique photographs that author Tonya Bolden has collected. Bolden's well-researched historical details about 1905 Charleston, West Virginia lend authenticity, while spare, lyrical writing make this young girl's coming-of-age resonate.
- Author BiographyTONYA BOLDEN has written more than twenty books for children and adults, many of them award-winning, including the Coretta Scott King Honor Book Maritcha: A Nineteenth-Century American Girl. She lives in New York City. www.tonyaboldenbooks.com
- PrizesLong-listed for Cybils: Middle Grade Fiction 2010.
- Author(s)Tonya Bolden
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication04/10/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Childrens Books
- Content Noteb & w photographs throughout
- Weight249 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 8 To 12
- Interest AgeFrom 3 To 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.