Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionFinding My Father is the true story of a daughter's thirty year search for her father, and her struggle to get to kw him before she loses him again... this time to the throes of Alzheimer's Disease. Holly Cordova Gaskin and her father, Adolph, were separated by divorce when Holly was a child. Adolph's move to ather state, followed by her mother's remarriage, made it difficult for them to keep in touch. Complicating matters, was the fact that her maternal family wanted her to have thing to do with him. When she reached adulthood, Holly made up her mind to track her father down. She never expected that it would be so difficult. Dead ends, false leads, legal red tape and her father's frequents bouts of homelessness made Holly's mission seem almost impossible. Thirty years from the last time she saw him, Holly finally located her father. Heartbreakingly, he was in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease. Now Holly must figure out how to convince her father to accept help, and to reach out to his very large family... brothers and sisters who had given Adolph up for dead long ago. Besides being a compelling personal story, Finding My Father contains interviews with experts in the Alzheimer's, and Elder Care fields, including Cheryl Chow and Richard Taylor, PHD.
- Author BiographyHolly Cordova Gaskin was born in Seattle, Washington, but grew up on Eastern Long Island. She is the author of a suspense novel, A Little Company (2007) and a tween thriller, Tricked (2009). She resides in upstate NY with her husband Pieter. Holly has worked for over over twenty years as a radio personality.
- Author(s)Holly Cordova Gaskin
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.