All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents detailed evidence, photos, documents and newspaper clippings used as a basis for the vel Lt. Pat O'Brien, by Kevin McNulty, Sr., (KMC Publishing Company). O'Brien was an American World War I pilot who flew for the RAF before America had an air force. He was shot down behind enemy lines, escaped from German hands by jumping from a moving prison train. He walked seventy-two days through Germany, Luxemburg, and Belgium to the Holland border and freedom. He was welcomed by the King of England in a one hour private audience at Buckingham Palace one week after his escape. O'Brien wrote a bestselling book about his escape and was the most sought after speaker in America in 1918, speaking in nearly every major venue in the United States. His fame led to a silent film role, status as a celebrity among the most famous and he became a rich man. He met an untimely death at age thirty and the nature of his death has been debated for years. He was found dead in the Hamilton Hotel in Los Angeles with a bullet to his head at age thirty. His death was declared a suicide, a fact flatly denied by his closest friends and family members for years. New evidence uncovered for the McNulty book adds serious doubt to the suicide contention. Research by the author and Marcia Tedford revealed previously unkwn facts about O'Brien's life, his death and the existence a daughter born to his betrothed. Neither O'Brien r any member of the O'Brien family knew of the child. This book includes details and previously unkwn photographs of Pat's child and his grand children who came forth upon hearing of the historic vel by McNulty. Finding Pat O'Brien documents the findings of the author, Mrs. Tedford, family members and various interested parties in United States and England.
- Author BiographyKevin McNulty, Sr. grew up in Momence, Illinois, located in Kankakee County. He is a local historian, author, musician, composer, amateur photographer and has a twenty-six year career in business. He has extensive experience in China helping American companies sell to the Chinese. He is currently the Orchestra Director at Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School in Bradley, Illinois. He is author of four books including a historical novel about Lt. Pat O'Brien, the famous American pilot who flew for the British during World War I. McNulty is also the author of Around Momence published in 2007 and Barns of Kankakee County published in 2014. He is owner of KMC Publishing Company based in Matteson, Illinois.
- Author(s)MR Kevin McNulty Sr
- PublisherKmc Publishing
- Date of Publication24/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKmc Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.