All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAngela Di Sciascio's father can longer describe his past, lost in a world ravaged by Alzheimer's disease. Deciding t to let his story fade, Angela embarks on a voyage that takes her through four seasons in her father's Italy, reconnecting to her ancestry and absorbing all of its chaos, beauty and style. Meal by meal at her father's family table and step by step through the Italian countryside, she slowly comes to understand the young Valenti who left for the new world. Along the way, she discovers the simple pleasures of rustic polenta high in the mountains, pesto on the Ligurian coast and shares melt-in-your-mouth ragu with friends in boisterous Rome. But she is always drawn back to the small hamlet tucked in the embrace of the Abruzzo mountains and the cuisine that feeds her soul, sharing with us her family's traditional recipes, as well as the joy of finding her father's home.
- Author BiographyAngela Di Sciascio trained as an English language teacher and has spent over 15 years teaching in Australia and overseas. She has travelled widely, relishing the experience of being immersed in other cultures. Her passions are teaching, travelling, cooking and eating. She lives and works in Geelong, surrounded by family, friends and cookbooks.
- Author(s)Angela Di Sciascio
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.