Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.49Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Children's Fiction
- AU $15.98Trending at AU $19.59
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.80
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $18.00
About this product
- DescriptionNarrated by the most compelling voice since Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, this is a quirky and original voyage of self-discovery triggered by a lost urn of ashes. The mini cab office was up a cobbled mews with little flat houses either side. That's where I first met Violet Park, what was left of her. There was a healing centre next door, a pretty smart name for a place with a battered brown door and proper door handle and stuck-on wooden numbers in the shape of clowns. The 3 of number 13 was a w stuck on sideways and I thought it was kind of sad and I liked it at the same time. Sixteen-year-old Lucas Swain becomes intrigued by the urn of ashes left in a cab office. Convinced that its occupant -- Violet Park -- is communicating with him, he contrives to gain possession of the urn, little realising that his quest will take him on a voyage of self-discovery and identity, forcing him to finally confront what happened to his absent (and possibly dead) father!
- Author BiographyJenny Valentine moved house every two years when she was growing up. She has just moved house again, probably not for the last time. She worked in a wholefood shop in Primrose Hill for fifteen years where she met many extraordinary people and sold more organic loaves than there are words in her first novel. She has also worked as a teaching assistant and a jewellery maker. She studied English Literature at Goldsmiths College, which almost put her off reading but not quite. Jenny is married to a singer/songwriter and has two children. Finding Violet Park is her first novel.
- PrizesWinner of Guardian Children's Fiction Prize 2007. Shortlisted for Branford Boase Award 2008 and Carnegie Medal 2008.
- Author(s)Jenny Valentine
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/09/2007
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Out-of-print date12/10/2010
- Weight198 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.