All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWho are we, and where do we come from? The fundamental drive to answer these questions is at the heart of Finding Your Roots, the companion book to the PBS documentary series seen by 30 million people. As Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. shows us, the tools of cutting-edge gemics and deep genealogical research w allow us to learn more about our roots, looking further back in time than ever before. Gates's investigations take on the personal and genealogical histories of more than twenty luminaries, including United States Congressman John Lewis, actor Robert Downey Jr., CNN medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta, President of the Becoming American Institute Linda Chavez, and comedian Margaret Cho. Interwoven with their moving stories of immigration, assimilation, strife, and success, Gates provides practical information for amateur genealogists just beginning archival research on their own families' roots, and he details the advances in genetic research w available to the public. The result is an illuminating exploration of who we are, how we lost track of our roots, and how we can find them again.
- Author BiographyHenry Louis Gates Jr is the Alphonse Fletcher Jr. University Professor and Director of the W. E. B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research at Harvard University, USA.
- Author(s)Henry Louis Gates
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Weight525 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byDavid Altshuler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.