All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAre you tired of being told by others--self-help books included--what you should do? Drs. Allan Zuckoff and Bonnie Gorscak understand. That's why this book is different. Whether it's breaking an unhealthy habit, pursuing that dream job, or ending harmful patterns in relationships, the key to moving ahead with your life lies in discovering what direction is truly right for you, and how you can get there. The proven counseling approach kwn as motivational interviewing (MI) can help. Drs. Zuckoff and Gorscak present powerful self-help strategies and practical tools that help you understand why you're stuck, break free of unhelpful pressure to change, and build confidence for developing a personal change plan. Vivid stories of five men and women confronting different types of challenges illustrate the techniques and accompany you on your journey. MI has a track record of helping people resolve long-standing dilemmas in a remarkably short time. Now you can try it for yourself--and unlock your own capacity for positive action.
- Author BiographyAllan Zuckoff, PhD, is a psychologist who conducts professional training in MI throughout the United States and internationally. He also develops new applications of MI for people facing a variety of personal challenges and life issues. Dr. Zuckoff is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) and a faculty member in the Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh. Bonnie Gorscak, PhD, is a psychologist and MI practitioner who has worked in the mental health field for 30 years.
- Author(s)Allan Zuckoff,Bonnie J. Gorscak
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication13/07/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight1000 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.