All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTom Harpur shows how ancient wisdoms, together with exciting new scientific findings, are combining to show why mere coping techniques are t eugh for meeting the stress crisis. Divorced from their spiritual underpinnings and/or religious understanding, such techniques lack the potency which they originally had. Central to a spiritual response to stress is the practice of spiritual meditation in its various forms. While many within traditional Christianity still view meditation with suspicion, Harpur shows it to be one of the lost jewels of a historic treasury of Christian gifts designed for healing. More than that, it is a revitalizing gift, which the church can reclaim for its own sake, and offer the outside church who are seeking identity, meaning and purpose.
- Author BiographyTom Harpur, columnist for The Toronto Star, Rhodes scholar and Anglican priest, is a prominent writer on religious and ethical issues. He is the author of seven best-selling books. He has hosted numerous radio and television programs, including Life After Death, a ten-part series based on his best-selling book of the same name, and a six-part television series based on his best-seller The Uncommon Touch: An Investigation of Spiritual Healing.
- Author(s)Tom Harpur
- PublisherNorthstone Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2002
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNorthstone Publishing Inc
- Weight282 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.