All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis all-inclusive, practical guide will help graduate students design, conduct, and finish an academic dissertation or thesis with minimal drama. The structure of the book follows the sequential flow of a dissertation process from choosing a smart study topic, selecting research design options, to presenting a successful oral defense. Filled with protocols, tips, and reminders, the book presents the best, most direct and timely research practices based upon theoretical and empirical evidence, as well as the perspective and experiences of the author and others who have survived writing their dissertations. This indispensible guide will help students: pick the best members to serve on his/her dissertation committee including pointers for managing the committee dynamics and feedback; understand the legal regulations and ethical guidelines for all parts of the research process; work through common barriers, such as procrastination, perfectionism, and writer s block, and more.
- Author BiographyJoanne Broder Sumerson, PhD, is a research psychologist dedicated to closing the gap between research and practice. Her research processes were developed from over 20 years experiences as a research practitioner, program evaluator, academic, and, of course, former student. She has worked with a multitude of private and public organizations in topics such as group process, leadership, emotional intelligence, social media, and wellness. She is a research professor and advisor at Saint Joseph s University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a co-founding editor of Psychology of Popular Media Culture, published by the APA, and writes a blog, Research Notes, for Psychology Today Magazine.
- Author(s)Joanne Broder Sumerson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/12/2013
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.62Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.