All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAncient Roman sleuth Marcus Corvinus uncovers a treasous plot in this witty and intriguing new mystery November, AD 40. When a wealthy consul's wife asks Corvinus to investigate the death of her uncle, killed by a block of falling masonry during revations on his estate in the Vatican Hills, a sceptical Corvinus is inclined to agree with the general verdict of accidental death. But his investigations reveal clear evidence of foul play, as well as unearthing several skeletons among the closets of this well-to-do but highly dysfunctional family. Who could have wanted Lucius Surdinus dead? His vengeful ex-wife? His ambitious mistress? His disillusioned elder, or his estranged younger, son? Or does the key to the mystery lie in the dead man's political past? But when Corvinus's investigations draw him to the attention of the emperor, a dangerously unpredictable Caligula, his prospects of surviving long eugh to solve the mystery look slim to say the least.
- Author BiographyDavid Wishart studied Classics at Edinburgh University and spent several years teaching in schools and at University.
- Author(s)David Wishart
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Marcus Corvinus Mystery
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCreme de la Crime
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $16.49Trending at AU $17.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.