All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces finite difference methods for both ordinary differential equations (ODEs) and partial differential equations (PDEs) and discusses the similarities and differences between algorithm design and stability analysis for different types of equations. A unified view of stability theory for ODEs and PDEs is presented, and the interplay between ODE and PDE analysis is stressed. The text emphasizes standard classical methods, but several newer approaches also are introduced and are described in the context of simple motivating examples. Exercises and student projects are available on the book's webpage, along with Matlab mfiles for implementing methods. Readers will gain an understanding of the essential ideas that underlie the development, analysis, and practical use of finite difference methods as well as the key concepts of stability theory, their relation to one ather, and their practical implications. The author provides a foundation from which students can approach more advanced topics.
- Author BiographyRandall J. LeVeque is a Professor in the Departments of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics at the University of Washington, Seattle.
- Author(s)Randall J. LeVeque
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Note120 exercises
- Weight624 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.