All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1969, this classic textbook provides a solid foundation for learning about dynamical systems, and encourages students to develop a reliable intuition for problem solving. The theory of linear systems has been the bedrock of control theory for fifty years and has served as the springboard for many significant developments, all the while remaining impervious to change. Since linearity lies at the heart of much applied mathematical analysis, a firm grounding in its central ideas is essential. This book touches upon many standard topics in applied mathematics, develops the theory of linear systems in a systematic way, making as much use as possible of vector ideas, and contains a number of examples and many exercises. The book is recommended for first-year graduate students. The topics covered form the core of fields such as optimal control, estimation, stability, electrical networks, and control of distributed systems.
- Author BiographyRoger W. Brockett is the An Wang Research Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Harvard University. He taught for six years in the Electrical Engineering Department at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology before joining the Harvard faculty in 1969. He has contributed to the theory of automatic control with work on stability, nonlinear control, feedback linearization, nonlinear estimation, pole placement, hybrid systems, and robotics. Professor Brockett has been recognized with awards from the American Automatic Control Council, IEEE, ASME, and SIAM for his contributions to research and education. He is a fellow of the IEEE, SIAM, and AMS and is a member of the US National Academy of Engineering.
- Author(s)Roger W. Brockett
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- Series TitleClassics in Applied Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.