All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Finite Element Method is a powerful mathematical tool that has significantly improved both the standard of engineering designs and the methodology of the design process in many industrial applications. This book is an introduction to the practice of the Finite Element Method and a comparison of solutions via its various methods. It also contains many 1-D and 2-D problems solved by FEM using both hand calculations and then by using commercial FEM software such as ANSYS and MATLAB. It includes a comparison of solutions to the problems obtained by the analytical method, FEM hand calculations, and the software method. It includes 35 solved problems using software applications such as MATLAB and ANSYS. It is accompanied by a DVD with projects, applications, and software.
- Author BiographyAnand V. Kulkarni is a professor of mechanical engineering with over twenty-two years of teaching experience. His areas of research interests are the Finite Element Method, and solid mechanics. V. K. Havanur is an instructor in mechanical engineering with nine years of experience in teaching and industry. His area of research interest is the Finite Element Method and fracture mechanics.
- Author(s)A. V. Kulkarni,V. K. Havanur
- PublisherMercury Learning & Information
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleEngineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercury Learning & Information
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight939 g
- Width180 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.