All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA cognitive journey towards the reliable simulation of scattering problems using finite element methods, with the pre-asymptotic analysis of Galerkin FEM for the Helmholtz equation with moderate and large wave number forming the core of this book. Starting from the basic physical assumptions, the author methodically develops both the strong and weak forms of the governing equations, while the main chapter on finite element analysis is preceded by a systematic treatment of Galerkin methods for indefinite sesquilinear forms. In the final chapter, three dimensional computational simulations are presented and compared with experimental data. The author also includes broad reference material on numerical methods for the Helmholtz equation in unbounded domains, including Dirichlet-to-Neumann methods, absorbing boundary conditions, infinite elements and the perfectly matched layer. A self-contained and easily readable work.
- Author(s)F. Ihlenburg
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.132
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight520 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.