All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis thoroughly revised third edition of Finnish: An Essential Grammar is grounded in fundamental insights of modern linguistics and incorporates some of the latest achievements in the description of written and spoken Finnish. It gives a systematic account of the structures of the written language and offers increased attention to the key characteristics of present-day colloquial Finnish. No prior kwledge is assumed on the part of the reader and grammatical rules are clearly explained without jargon. Features of this new edition include: * pronunciation guide, including the tendencies in present-day colloquial Finnish * thorough descriptions of morphology (word structure) and syntax (sentence structure) * clear rules and an abundance of concrete examples, from both written and colloquial Finnish * updated vocabulary in the examples * an effective new scheme for detecting the morphological structure of any word form * subject index. This is the ideal reference source both for those studying Finnish independently and for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
- Author BiographyFred Karlsson is Professor Emeritus of General Linguistics at the University of Helsinki.
- Author(s)Fred Karlsson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- Series TitleRoutledge Essential Grammars
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.