All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $39.29Free postage
- AU $50.12Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of Finnish Lessons won the prestigious Grawemeyer Award in Education in 2013. It was featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New York Review of Books, The Atlantic, The Guardian, CNN, Education Week, The Huffington Post, and Dan Rather Reports and has been translated into 16 languages. Now, with Finnish Lessons 2.0, Pasi Sahlberg has thoroughly updated his groundbreaking account of how Finland built a world-class education system during the past four decades. In this international bestseller, Sahlberg traces the evolution of Finnish education policies and highlights how they differ from the United States and much of the rest of the world. Featuring substantial additions throughout the text, Finnish Lessons 2.0 demonstrates how systematically focusing on teacher and leader professionalism, building trust between the society and its schools, and investing in educational equity rather than competition, choice, and other market-based reforms make Finnish schools an international model of success. This second edition details the complexity of meaningful change by examining Finland's educational performance in light of the most recent international assessment data and domestic changes. This second edition details the complexity of meaningful change by illustrating Finland's educational performance in light of the most recent international assessment data, including PISA 2012, TIMSS 2011, PIAAC 2013, and TALIS 2013. In the midst of continuous local reforms and global changes, Finnish Lessons 2.0 encourages educators, students, and policymakers to look beyond their own borders as they seek successful solutions for their education systems, districts, and schools.
- Author BiographyPasi Sahlberg is a visiting professor at Harvard Graduate School of Education, USA and former Director General of CIMO (Centre for International Mobility and Cooperation) at the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Author(s)Pasi Sahlberg
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSeries on School Reform
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byDiane Ravitch,Andy Hargreaves
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.