All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinnley Wren: His Notions and Opinions, Together with a Haphazard History of His Career and Amours in These Moody Years, as Well as Sundry Rhymes, Fables, Diatribes and Literary Misdemears stands as one of the greatest American responses to the thrown gauntlet that is Tristram Shandy. An invative, uproarious sentimental education, this vel marries the mordant satire of Wylie's Generation of Vipers to what might in other hands have been an ordinary story of frustrated ambition and frustrated love, turning forty-eight hours' worth of drunken conversation into an emotional and typographical explosion.
- Author BiographyPhilip Wylie (1902-1971) published more than forty books (both fiction and nonfiction), essays, and short stories in his lifetime. A member of the founding staff of the New Yorker, his essays and stories regularly appeared throughout the '40s and '50s in Vanity Fair, Redbook, the Saturday Evening Post, and Cosmopolitan.
- Author(s)Philip Wylie
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight666 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.