All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAgainst the backdrop of the high-moneyed and sometimes unscrupulous equestrian sport of show jumping, Finny, a fifteen-year-old girl in California, adopts an emaciated, untrained horse without her parents' kwledge. Soon after adopting Sky, Finny meets Joe, a sixteen-year-old, who has run away from his cruel uncle in Montana. His love for horses and desire to be a trainer match Finny's dream of competing in the show jumping arena--against rich girls on fancier horses--and together, they train Sky to become a first-rate show jumper. But the path is fraught with danger. Sky is t like other horses and is so destructive and difficult he gets them kicked out of the barn where Finny has been working and training. Helped by a kind woman who owns a horse rescue, Joe is able to prove both his and Sky's incredible talents. When Joe is kidnapped by his violent uncle, Finny and Sky are the only ones who can save him. In a breathtaking finale, Sky and Finny must enter the underworld of the rodeo circuit, an after-hours, illegal race, where they will risk their lives to save the boy they love. Young demonstrates a masterful ability to set a breakneck pace and keep it up until the end of the vel. Finny and Joe are enduring characters who are sure to appear in upcoming sequels. Sky Pony Press, with our Good Books, Racehorse and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of books for young readers--picture books for small children, chapter books, books for middle grade readers, and vels for young adults. Our list includes bestsellers for children who love to play Minecraft; stories told with LEGO bricks; books that teach lessons about tolerance, patience, and the environment, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyAndrea Young is a highly respected riding instructor at Elvenstar in Malibu, one of Southern California's top hunter-jumper barns. Her innovative work has been featured in Practical Horseman, Hunter/Jumper Magazine, Show Circuit Magazine, Chronicle of the Horse, and others. She is writing a trilogy featuring Finny and Joe, the boy from Horse Mountain. She lives in Simi Valley, California.
- Author(s)Andrea Young
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight314 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.