Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Canadian fir forests, oaks of England and onto the fern bush in New Zealand, this family saga centers around four forthright, liberal women, spans five generations, three continents, two world wars, and one hundred years. In present day New Zealand, Nicole receives an ancient diary from her Canadian grandmother, Cindy that she begins to read. It begins in 1898 with Amanda's elopement with beloved Jack and her struggle to survive and prosper away from a domineering father. Over the years, Amanda develops a publishing empire. Her daughter Dorothy, a nurse serving in World War 1 England, falls in love with a soldier about to be court-martialled for desertion from the Western Front. Will he be shot? In World War 11, Cindy becomes a Land Girl in war torn England and tragedy strikes their family. Each period in time is filled with drama, joy and tragedy to vividly illustrate the determination of the women and their families.
- Author BiographyRoss Richdale is a New Zealand author of drama and science fiction. He has written 40 novels.
- Author(s)Ross Richdale
- Date of Publication29/11/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.