All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSnapshot reconstructions of life on Scotland's remote St Kilda island - ancestral home of the McQueens - open this tenth collection of poetry from Cilla McQueen. The spare life in this place of birds and sea and weather leads into a new set of poems from the poet's Bluff home, quiet observations on friends and animals, memories and dreams, and weather. Many of the reflective poems are conversational in style; one poem is written in the form of a play, and ather appears at first to be a dictionary definition. Even the simplest of topics, such as eating cake or meeting a newborn baby, are taken by McQueen and transformed into thoughtful works. The collection closes with a section entitled A Widow's Songs, in which the poet mourns her late partner.
- Author BiographyCilla McQueen lives in Bluff, in New Zealand's far south, and is an award-winning poet. Fire-Penny is her tenth book of poetry.
- Author(s)Cilla McQueen
- PublisherOtago University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationDunedin
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintOtago University Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight196 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.