All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe outcome of a fire review can greatly impact the internal fire and life safety features, as well as the architectural design of a building. An insider's guide for both vice and expert, Fire Protection Approaches in Site Plan Review provides the framework needed to design and evaluate a successful site plan for review. This book outlines the components of a fire review, provides fundamental kwledge of fire principles related to a review, and introduces concepts for site plan development that can reduce or eliminate the problems that take place during the review process and during fire emergencies. In addition to providing an overview of site plans, the author explains the items required for fire analysis, the kind of information that will be evaluated, and the items with which a reviewer should be familiar to begin a review. He also implements best practices, internationally recognized codes and standards, and applies real-life examples illustrating relevant ideas and concepts. A technical examination that considers an engineering approach to fire emergency service, codes and standards, this book: * Establishes the importance of the roads used by fire emergency personnel to get to a site * Explains the water requirements for a fully-engulfed building * Discusses the strategic positioning of fire hydrants * Examines underground fire service lines that supply water to the active fire protection systems of the building * Highlights Siamese connections, also kwn as Fire Department Connections (FDCs) * Looks at location and positioning of FDCs, clearance from obstructions, size, and labeling * Covers access for emergency vehicles from the fire station and to the building Fire Protection Approaches in Site Plan Review describes the basics of fire protection as they relate to site planning and explains the importance of proper site plan review. This book serves as a handy guide for owners seeking to protect their buildings, architects and engineers needing to implement a cost-effective code-compliant design, and plan examiners and inspectors looking to effectively evaluate and review site plans.
- Author BiographyMohammad Nabeel Waseem has an Advance Diploma in Fire Protection Engineering Technology from Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology (Ontario, Canada), Bachelor of Science Degree in Fire Safety and Engineering Technology from University of Cincinnati, and a Master of Engineering Degree in Fire Protection Engineering from the University of Maryland. In addition, he holds an MBA in Project Management from Columbia Southern University, where he also served as an adjunct faculty member. A Professional Member of SFPE, Mr. Waseem is a Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CPFS), holds NICET Level III certification in water-based systems, is a certified fire plans examiner, a fire inspector, and a Licensed Fire Protection Engineer in Maryland and Virginia, USA.
- Author(s)Mohammad Nabeel Waseem
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note97 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.