Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $137.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $188.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile gun design has undergone only minimal change over the centuries, investigative tools surrounding firearm use have grown significantly in sophistication. Now in its third edition, Firearms, the Law, and Forensic Ballistics has been updated to reflect recently published research and new techlogy developed since the last volume. Beginning with a discussion of the development of arms and ammunition from the fourteenth century to the present day, this book examines: Firearms laws around the world, including legal challenges raised in the U.S. by the Daubert decision Firearms manufacturing processes, the mechanisms of various firearms, and the linking of a particular bullet or spent cartridge with a suspected weapon The origins and development of new science in firearms, including controversies, pioneers, and an expose of the quack purveyors of pseudo-science Internal, external, and terminal (wound) ballistics The nature, composition, and analytical detection of discharge residue left on a suspect The role of the ballistics expert at all stages of a case, ranging from the scene of the shooting incident, the post mortem examinations, the examination and testing of exhibits at the laboratory, and the presentation of evidence in court Recently introduced computer search techniques applied to captured and digitally stored images of marks left on fired bullets and spent cartridge cases Manual microscopic comparison work and computer-based searches on digital images of bullet and cartridge case marks to determine if a particular weapon has been fired in previous cases Written by an expert with more than 50 years of experience using and handling firearms, this text is enhanced with nearly 250 illustrations, making it a premier guide to the fundamentals of firearms and related evidentiary considerations.
- Author BiographyTom Warlow has more than 50 years of experience using and handling firearms and was for nine years a member of the statutory Firearms Consultative Committee, which advisedthe U.K. Government on firearms and firearms legislation as well as providing an annual report to Parliament. He was a casework reporting officer for more than 25 years in the national Firearms Unit in the U.K., a division with oversight of 50 million persons in England and Wales and covering 43 police force areas. Mr. Warlow has a keen interest in gun sports.
- Author(s)Tom Warlow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/11/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleInternational Forensic Science and Investigation
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note245 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables
- Weight975 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.