All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1910, invative young Russian composer Igor Stravinsky was commissioned by Serge Diaghilev, director of the Ballets Russes, to create a completely new score. The dazzling result was The Firebird, which brought overnight success to its creator and distinguished him as the most gifted of the younger generation of Russian composers. According to Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians, the piece, based on a series of Russian fairy tales, has all the coloring of a Russian child's picture book . . . brilliant orchestration, glowing color . . . an extraordinary evocative power which literally enchants the listener. As popular today as it was nearly a century ago at its premiere, Stravinsky's modern masterpiece appears here in full score. Ideal for study in the classroom, at home, or in the concert hall, this affordable, high-quality, conveniently sized volume is a wonderful addition to the score library of all lovers of great music.
- Author BiographyThe leading composer of his day, Igor Stravinsky experimented with virtually every technique of 20th century music. Throughout his long and prolific career, he produced symphonies, concertos, choral works, operas, and ballets.
- Author(s)Igor Stravinsky
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.