All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her debut picture book Misty Copeland tells the story of a young girl - an every girl - whose confidence is fragile and who is questioning her own ability to reach the heights that Misty has reached. Misty encourages this young girl's faith in herself and shows her exactly how, through hard work and dedication, she too can become Firebird. Lyrical and affecting text paired with bold, striking illustrations that are some of Caldecott Houree Christopher Myers' best work, makes Firebird perfect for aspiring ballerinas everywhere.
- Author BiographyMisty Copeland didn't take up ballet until age 13, but by age 17, she was a professional. She was appointed ABT soloist at age 24, their first African American soloist in two decades. Driven by her newfound passion for the art, which she discovered at her local Boys & Girls Club, Misty accomplished so much in such a short amount of time through good old-fashioned hard work, discipline and unwavering belief in herself. Christopher Myers is the award-winning author and illustrator of Caldecott Honoree Harlem and Coretta Scott King Honorees Black Cat and Horse. Myers has also won three Boston Globe-Horn Book Honors and a New York Times Best Illustrated Award.
- Author(s)Christopher Myers,Misty Copeland
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPutnam Juvenile
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight467 g
- Width479 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.40
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.61
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.04
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $7.34Trending at AU $12.11
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.75
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $24.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.