All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo fight left? No future? Does the handwriting on the wall say utter failure? Harvey Mackay, one of the world s best-selling motivational and business authors tells you why it isn t so. He reveals anecdotes and secrets from some of the best and brightest headliners in our world today. Their gripping accounts show that oneis immune to bad judgment or backstabbing. In colorful detail, these remarkable success stories reveal what the best of the best did to get back on top. Each story tells a unique tale and contains valuable lessons that are applicable to any reader who wants his or her career to flourish; indeed, this isthebook that will inspire, instill hope . . . and give more than a glimpse into what makes these stalwarts strong. WhenFortunemagazine called Mackay Mister Make-Things-Happen, it was right on the money getting this amazing group of people from various walks of life to talk openly about their abilities to bounce back shows him to be a master at getting people to divulge some of their defeats and their dreams. Hopeful, tough-minded, and filled with indispensable advice, We Got Fired! . . . And It s the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Uswill show anyone how to turn a modern bummer into a major blessing. It s a rarity: a sure thing in our shaky times. Originally published as We Got Fired!
- Author BiographyHarvey Mackayis author of fourNew York Times bestsellers. His first two books Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten AliveandBeware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt were #1 New York Timesbestsellers and are listed by the New York Timesamong the top fifteen inspirational business books of all time. Dig Your WellBeforeYou re Thirsty(1997) and Pushing the Envelope(1999) both cracked theNew York Timesbestseller list. Mackay s books have sold more than ten million copies worldwide, been translated into thirty-five languages, and been distributed in eighty countries. Mackay is a nationally syndicated columnist for United Feature Syndicate; his weekly articles appear in more than fifty newspapers around the country. He also is one of America s most popular and entertaining business speakers, having been named one of the top five speakers in the world by Toastmasters International. He is chairman of Mackay Envelope Company, a $100 million company he founded at age twenty-six. In April 2004, Harvey received the prestigious Horatio Alger Award.
- Author(s)Harvey MacKay
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication30/08/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Weight272 g
- Width134 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.