All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the heroic work of firefighting crews in this book. It explores how brave men and women begin a career in firefighting, the skills they need to carry out their job, the equipment they use to fight fires and save lives and the risks and rewards of their life-saving work. The book includes advice for children who wish to be a firefighter, and explores whether they are likely to be suited to the job. What are the careers that make a difference to other people and improve or save their lives? Careers That Save Lives explores the world of jobs that save or change lives, offering readers an in-depth look at these worthwhile and fulfilling roles. The series invites children to consider why each job is so important and what characteristics people might need to carry it out. An interesting and reflective career series for children aged 9+.
- Author BiographyLouise Spilsbury is a prolific children's book author. She has written titles on almost every subject, from science and geography through to world affairs, social issues, art, history, and literacy. Louise is married to the author Richard Spilsbury and has two children. She lives and works in Devon.
- Author(s)Louise Spilsbury
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleCareers That Save Lives
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight382 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.