Firefighting Operations in High-rise and Standpipe-equipped Buildings by David M. McGrail (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $118.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $302.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book establishes a proper firefighting mindset and promotes maintaining preparedness for the extreme physical and mental demands of firefighting operations in high-rise and standpipe-equipped buildings. Armed with firefighting weapons that would be much more appropriate at a car fire, far too many fire departments are on a collision course with disaster and tragedy, should they encounter a serious high-rise fire. Countless false alarms, along with 'good luck' while relying on bad habits, have greatly exacerbated the deadly disease of complacency. District Chief McGrail draws from his 25-years of experience, along with the lessons learned from many other fire service professionals, to provide a foundation for success and safety during high-rise and standpipe operations.This book is a compilation of good fireground habits and the many lessons learned by a man who is truly passionate about firefighting and firefighter safety and survival.
- Author BiographyDave McGrail is 25-year veteran of the fire service and a District Chief with the Denver Fire Department (DFD). He has a very diverse emergency service background, having previously served as the company commander of DFD Rescue Co. 1. He designed and helped implement the high-rise firefighting and standpipe equipment complement used by the DFD and adopted by many fire departments across the country. He instructs internationally on a wide range of fire service topics, specializing in high-rise firefighting and standpipe operations. For the past ten years he has served as the lead instructor for the engine company (standpipe) hands-on training at the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) in Indianapolis. He is a member of the FDIC Educational Advisory Board and is an editorial advisor and contributing editor for Fire Engineering Magazine. He has authored countless articles, manuals, and training bulletins for numerous fire service publications and has designed and helped implement safer high-rise operational procedures for the DFD and many other fire departments. Dave holds two associate's degrees in Fire Science Technology and two bachelor's degrees, one in Human Resource Management and the other in Fire Service Administration.
- Author(s)David M. McGrail
- PublisherPennWell Books
- Date of Publication30/03/2007
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationTulsa, Oklahoma
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennWell Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1474 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.