Firefox and Thunderbird Garage by Chris Hofmann, John V. Hedtke, Marcia Knous (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.21+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.90+ AU $11.90 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionFirefox is a fast, free Internet browser from Mozilla that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux Computers. According to spreadfirefox.com, to-date there have been ~ 23 million downloads since the release of Firefox 1.0 in September 2004, and MS IE usage has been dropping at the same time. Thunderbird has seen more than 2 million downloads. It is an email, RSS, and newsgroup client that is designed to make email safer, faster, and easier. Firefox and Thunderbird Garage is a book dedicated to helping readers get the most out of these new programs from download to installation to configuration. This book includes extensive information on how to take advantage of all of the additional features of the browser and email client to meet individual needs and interests. It also covers migrating from existing programs to ease the transition process.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors Chris Hofmann is Director of Engineering at the Mozilla Foundation. For eight years, he worked at Netscape and was involved in every Netscape and Mozilla Browser release since Netscape 3.01. In August 2003 he was hired as the first employee at the Mozilla Foundation and spent the first 18 months in startup mode, working with the small team that has been successful in getting the Mozilla Foundation off the ground and running as a independent and self-sustaining organization and continuing to organize the work of thousands of open source contributors to make great Internet software. In 2004, he contributed a wide variety of management efforts that led to the worldwide release of Firefox 1.0 in November, and is helping to fulfill the Mozilla Foundation's goal of continuing to support open web standards and provide innovation and choice for Internet client software. Marcia Knous is a Project Manager at the Mozilla Foundation and has been working with the Mozilla Project for five years. She is involved with both the Firefox and Thunderbird projects. In the freelance realm, she is a frequent contributor to a number of online websites, including http://www.fanstop.com, where she writes a weekly NFL column called Monday Night Musings. In addition, she has written dozens of online articles about the historical contributions women have made to the world of sports. Marcia has a Masters in Cinema-Television and enjoys working on films in her spare time. She recently wrapped up cinematography on the documentary Common Hours. Born and raised in the splendid confines of New England, Marcia now resides in the Bay Area. John Hedtke has written 24 books, close to 100 magazine articles, and hundreds of manuals and online help systems for all kinds of technical and non-technical documentation for all levels of readers. John owns and operates a company that provides writing, consulting, and training services to private and government clients in all fields. He also speaks to professional groups all over the world on subjects such as career planning, time management, and writing books and magazine articles. John is a Fellow of the Society for Technical Communication. In his spare time, John writes buttons for a button company in California, donates blood, and sings and plays banjo and guitar (something he's been doing since 1971). He says he gets a lot of requests when he plays the banjo, but he goes ahead and plays it anyhow. A long-time resident of Seattle, John now lives in Eugene, OR, with his amazingly patient wife, Marilyn, where they share four cats. He can be reached through his website, http://www.hedtke.com. (c) Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
- Author(s)Chris Hofmann,John V. Hedtke,Marcia Knous
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication08/04/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteb&w illus
- Weight608 g
- Width177 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.