All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionPost-nuclear war America is a dangerous place. Mutated animals and deadly plants kill within seconds, while marauding gangs threaten to wipe out what's left of humanity. Aeric Traxx, given the name after months of torture at the hands of the Vulture street gang left him hideously scarred, leads the city of San Angelo through these troublesome times as diseases decimate the population and acid rains make the soil virtually unusable after the war. The residents of the city are barely surviving in the harsh west Texas wastelands, but in a rare stroke of luck, Traxx finds an engineer who helps to convert the engines of the city's construction equipment to steam power, allowing them to build full-sized walls for defense and power their vehicles for patrols outside of the fences. They're learning to fight back against the evils of the wastes and how to grow crops that will supplement their poor diets. However, the Vultures aren't finished with Traxx. Their hatred of the man's past actions has festered through the years. They've infiltrated San Angelo and have a plan to destroy his beloved city. If successful, the gang's move will irrevocably shift the power in the region and could cause the final extinction of man.
- Author BiographyA veteran of both the Iraq and Afghanistan war, Brian Parker was born and raised as an Army brat. He's currently an Active Duty Army soldier who enjoys spending time with his family in Texas, hiking, obstacle course racing, writing and Texas Longhorns football. His wife is also an Active Duty soldier and the pairing brings its own unique set of circumstances that keep both of them on their toes. He's an unashamed Star Wars fan, but prefers to disregard the entire Episode I and II debacle. Brian self-published four books before signing a 4-book contract with Permuted Press. His novels GNASH and Enduring Armageddon were previously self-published and will be re-released by Permuted along with two previously unpublished works, REND and SEVER. The three-book series, Washington, Dead City, will be released in February, March and April 2016. Besides the growing collection of sci-fi and horror works, he is also the author of several non-horror works, including the children's picture book Zombie in the Basement which is written to help children overcome the perceived stigma of being different than others and Brian is the founder of Muddy Boots Press, an independent publishing company that focuses on quality genre fiction over mass-produced books.
- Author(s)Brian Parker
- PublisherBrian Parker
- Date of Publication18/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrian Parker
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAurora Dewater
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.