All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionFully updated and expanded! Added steps for Windows 10 and Mac OS X El Capitan Over 30% more material Expanded coverage on mobile device safety Expanded coverage on safety for kids online Contains well over 100 tips with complete step-by-step instructions and pictures! Topics include: Choosing and managing passwords Securely browsing the web and communicating with others Securely setting up home networking Shopping and banking online Locking down social media accounts Creating automated backups Managing your home computers Using your smart phone and tablet safely Safeguarding your kids online Don't Get Caught With Your Drawbridge Down! Just how secure is your computer right w? My guess is that you probably don't really kw. Computers and the Internet have revolutionized the modern world, but if you're like most people, you have clue how these things work or what the real threats are. Protecting your computer is like defending a medieval castle. While moats, walls, drawbridges and castle guards can be effective, you'd go broke trying to build something dragon-proof. This book is t about protecting yourself from a targeted attack by the NSA; it's about armoring yourself against common hackers and mass surveillance. There are dozens of -brainer things we should all be doing to protect our computers and safeguard our data - just like wearing a seat belt, installing smoke alarms, and putting on sunscreen. I've structured this book to give you maximum benefit with minimum effort. If you just want to kw what to do, every chapter has a complete checklist with step-by-step instructions and pictures. The book contains well over 100 tips that are guaranteed to make you and your family safer!
- Author BiographyCarey Parker has been writing telecommunications software for over 23 years and both large and small companies. Carey has a long history of explaining complex technical topics to non-technical people, and felt the strong need to help people understand why and how to protect themselves online.
- Author(s)Carey Parker
- PublisherWawasee Media
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWawasee Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.