All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, you will gain extensive hands-on experience installing and configuring a firewall. You will also learn how to allow access to key Web services while maintaining your organization's security, as well as how to implement firewall-to-firewall virtual private networks (VPNs). You will learn how to build a firewall to protect your network; provide access to HTTP and FTP services on the Internet, and implement publicly accessible servers without compromising security. Furthermore, throughout the book, extensive hands-on examples provide you with practical experience in establishing security with firewalls. Examples include, but are t limited to: Installing and configuring Check Point FireWall-1; scanning to validate configuration using ISS Internet Scanner; configuring the firewall to support simple and complex Web services; setting up a packet filtering router; enhancing firewall configurations to support split-DNS; authenticating remote users; and protecting browsers and servers with a proxy-based firewall.
- Author BiographyJohn Vacca is an information technology consultant, researcher, professional writer, Editor, reviewer, and internationally-known best-selling author based in Pomeroy, Ohio. Since 1982, John has authored/edited 79 books (some of his most recent books include): * Security in the Private Cloud (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (September 1, 2016)) * Cloud Computing Security: Foundations and Challenges (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (August 19, 2016)) * Handbook of Sensor Networking: Advanced Technologies and Applications (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (January 14, 2015)) * Network and System Security, Second Edition, 2E (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013)) * Cyber Security and IT Infrastructure Protection (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013)) * Managing Information Security, Second Edition, 2E (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013)) * Computer and Information Security Handbook, 2E (Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (May 31, 2013)) * Identity Theft (Cybersafety) (Publisher: Chelsea House Pub (April 1, 2012 ) * System Forensics, Investigation, And Response (Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning (September 24, 2010) * Managing Information Security (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (March 29, 2010)) * Network and Systems Security (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (March 29, 2010)) * Computer and Information Security Handbook, 1E (Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (June 2, 2009)) * Biometric Technologies and Verification Systems (Publisher: Elsevier Science & Technology Books (March 16, 2007)) * Practical Internet Security (Hardcover): (Publisher: Springer (October 18, 2006)) * Optical Networking Best Practices Handbook (Hardcover): (Publisher: Wiley-Interscience (November 28, 2006)) * Guide to Wireless Network Security (Publisher: Springer (August 19, 2006) He has written more than 600 articles in the areas of advanced storage, computer security and aerospace technology (copies of articles and books are available upon request). John was also a configuration management specialist, computer specialist, and the computer security official (CSO) for NASA's space station program (Freedom) and the International Space Station Program, from 1988 until his retirement from NASA in 1995. In addition, John is also an independent online book reviewer. Finally, John was one of the security consultants for the MGM movie titled: AntiTrust, which was released on January 12, 2001. A detailed copy of my author bio can be viewed at URL: http://www.johnvacca.com. John can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scott Ellis is an independent consultant based in Chicago.
- Author(s)John R. Vacca,Scott R. Ellis
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/12/2003
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDigital Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.