All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- Description[This book has t been prepared, sponsored, approved, authorized or licensed by The Walt Disney Company, Disney Enterprises, Inc., or any of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or any entity that created, operates or manages Disneyland or any of the Disney Parks.] In the year 2030, America is a transformed nation. The federal government has imposed its unrestricted authority upon every corner of the Republic. As a result, an American treasure has become a political institution. The government is running the country's most beloved theme park. Fireworks! If the Government Ran the Fairest Kingdom of Them All (A Very Unauthorized Fantasy) is a spellbinding 2030 tour of this California landmark. After a brief, stalgic visit to the Park in 2010, we plunge twenty years into the future. The famous realm has been commandeered by Washington and remade in its image. In 2030, a quaint turn-of-the-century street is a boulevard of bureaucratic dreams. Jungles and pirate caves provide t thrills but tutorials. Exciting rides have become platforms from which the federal conquerors will turn entertainment on its shrunken head. Liberty and pioneer spirit once echoed throughout the Park's rustic depiction of the American West. Now the government cracks the whip, and each attraction chomps at the bit, bridled by federal oppression. In the land of fairy tales, Washington seeks to mold the hearts and minds of its littlest citizens. Within this small world, the government thrusts its designs upon the young, and those dreams have consequences. A look at the future caps off the tour with a utopian model that redefines what lies ahead. Those visions are omius. But the American People may have their own plans by the end of this fantasy. Despite Washington's best tyrannical efforts, the fireworks of freedom may light up the sky with a hope and change that the New Order hadn't expected, optimistically accenting the if in this hypothetical tale of a government unleashed.
- Author(s)Allan J Favish,James Fernald
- Date of Publication03/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.