All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst Americans provides a history of Native Americans, from their earliest appearance in North America to the present, that covers the complexity and diversity of their past. The text demonstrates Native Americans' participation in determining their own future and helps students place Native American history in context with national and international developments. Present throughout the text is the native voice, giving American Indians' perspectives on historical developments. The text also enforces the reality that native people retain a presence in the U.S. today as a growing population with a rich diversity of roles, ideas, and contributions.
- Author BiographyKenneth Townsend earned his Ph.D. in American History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1991, two years after joining the faculty of the Department of History at Coastal Carolina University in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Townsend now serves as chair of the Department of History. He is the author of World War II and the American Indian (2000), South Carolina (2008) and varied articles, and he is revising a book-length manuscript addressing the World War II home front in the Southeastern United States. In summer 2006 Townsend embedded with U.S. Army units in Kabul and Kandahar, Afghanistan and is now completing a project titled Shadows of War that examines the personal imprint of war on soldiers and their families. Mark A. Nicholas received his PhD from Lehigh University in 2006, and teaches at Florida Atlantic University. With Joel W. Martin, he edited Native Americans, Christianity, and the Reshaping of the American Religious Landscape (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2010). He has several ongoing projects, including a book about the Seneca Indians for Michigan State University. Press and a book about the Shawnees in Kansas for University of Arizona Press.
- Author(s)Kenneth William Townsend,Mark A. Nicholas
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/01/2012
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1179 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.