All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot so long ago, magnificent ocean liners unmatched in opulence by todays vessels sailed the seas from NewYork to Rio, Alexandria to Marseilles, and from Southampton to Singapore. In this enchanting book, presented in a slipcase made to resemble a battered steamer trunk, these legendary ships The Normandie, The Mauretania and The Majestic are gloriously resurrected through photographs, posters, watercolours, advertising art, memorabilia and more. Gerard Piouffre, author of Luxury Liners: Life on Board , leads readers on an illustrated tour of these great liners, from glamorous dining rooms and gleaming table services to elaborate staterooms and exquisite salons. Divided into six fantastic journeys, First Class is an unparalleled celebration of the elegance, sophistication and comfort of a bygone era in ocean travel.
- Author BiographyGerard Piouffre is a historian who specializes in industrial-era sailing ships and the French navy. He is a model ship builder and has made several reconstructions from archival material. He regularly publishes articles in nautical journals and magazines and has written several books on maritime history.
- Author(s)Catherine Donzel,Gerard Piouffre
- PublisherVendome Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/11/2009
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVendome Press,U.S.
- Content Note320 illustrations, 160 in colour
- Weight1150 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.54Trending at AU $33.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.