All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDaisy Wells and Hazel Wong are taking a holiday on the world-famous Orient Express - and it's clear that each of their fellow first-class passengers has something to hide. Even more intriguing: there is rumour of a spy in their midst. Then, during dinner, there is a scream from inside one of the cabins. When the door is broken down, a passenger is found murdered, her stunning ruby necklace gone. But the killer has vanished - as if into thin air. Daisy and Hazel are faced with their first ever locked-room mystery - and with competition from several other sleuths, who are just as determined to crack the case. A delight ...Hazel and Daisy are aboard the Orient Express: cue spies, priceless jewels, a murder and seriously upgraded bun breaks . (The Bookseller). Addictive ...A rumbustious reworking of Agatha Christie's Orient Express caper . (New Statesman).
- Author BiographyRobin Stevens was born in California and grew up in an Oxford college, across the road from the house where Alice in Wonderland lived. She has been making up stories all her life. When she was twelve, her father handed her a copy of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and she realised that she wanted to be either Hercule Poirot or Agatha Christie when she grew up. When it occurred to her that she was never going to be able to grow her own spectacular walrus moustache, she decided that Agatha Christie was the more achievable option. She spent her teenage years at Cheltenham Ladies' College, reading a lot of murder mysteries and hoping that she'd get the chance to do some detecting herself (she didn't). She went to university, where she studied crime fiction, and then worked in children's publishing. She is now a full-time writer. Robin now lives in London with her pet bearded dragon, Watson.
- Author(s)Robin Stevens
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteB+W maps, chapter head a/w.
- Weight234 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.