All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionSet against industrial action that beset the NHS in the 1970's, the rmal healthy camaraderie of the City Hospital is lost as the dispute sets nurse against nurse and doctor against doctor. Operations are cancelled, waiting lists spiral out of control and patient's lives are put at risk. Kate and Paul are saddened that so many of their colleagues are prepared to become involved. Hadn't they agreed to abide by the Hippocratic Oath with its simple message 'First do harm'? The devastating effect that the disruption has on their patients causes the young couple great concern. They are desperate to avoid being involved in industrial action - but are destined to be drawn in against their wishes.
- Author BiographyPeter Sykes lives in Bramhall, near Stockport. He has over 20 years of experience as a consultant surgeon and five years experience working as a hospital inspector. As a surgeon, his previous publications have included academic articles in many medical journals and two fact-based books entitled The First Cut and Behind the Screens based on his many memories of interesting patients and events which brought light relief to his life in the exacting sphere of surgical practice.
- Author(s)Peter Sykes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.