All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this rich and engrossing account, John and Abigail Adams come to life against the backdrop of the Republic s tenuous early years. Drawing on over 1,200 letters exchanged between the couple, Ellis tells a story both personal and paramic. We learn about the many years Abigail and John spent apart as John s political career sent him first to Philadelphia, then to Paris and Amsterdam; their relationship with their children; and Abigail s role as John s closest and most valued advisor. Exquisitely researched and beautifully written, First Family is both a revealing portrait of a marriage and a unique study of America s early years.
- Author BiographyJOSEPH J. ELLISis the Pulitzer Prize winning author ofFounding Brothers.His portrait of Thomas Jefferson, American Sphinx, won the National Book Award.He lives in Amherst, Massachusetts, with his wife, Ellen, his youngest son, three dogs, and a cat.
- Author(s)Joseph J. Ellis
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Weight249 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.