All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFirst Jihad?! First Gecide?! A Centennial Re-Introduction to the Armenian Holocaust of 1915 By W. Colin Marris Der Voorghmia, Der Voorghmia ( Lord Have Mercy, Lord Have Mercy ) Dateline: The Middle East...Incent Christians starved, burned, beheaded, and crucified... The haunting cries of helpless women and children taken from Today's News Headlines, AND amazingly those of a century ago! April of the year 2015 marks the 100th anniversary of the tragic persecution and death of more than a million Armenians in what were the initial mass gecide, and the first Muslim Holy War of the Twentieth Century. Strangely eugh, with the sudden emergence of ISIS, a very similar crime is currently being perpetrated in virtually the same place, against the same type of targeted, incent victims. After one hundred years have elapsed, the wounds of have never truly healed. Turks and Armenians remain bitterly divided over charges and counter-charges regarding the causes, responsibility, and admission of guilt. Yet despite the never-ending acrimony and angry debate, the American public today kws very little about the catastrophe, even though it was widely discussed in this country a century ago. It is high time that the subject is revisited. Much has been written regarding the tragic episode of 1915, but virtually all of it is either highly subjective, representing the view of only one side or the other, or is too scholarly for a general audience. What is sorely needed is a well researched and unbiased book that presents a balanced introduction to the historic calamity that is still so current in its repercussions. History DOES repeat itself! Read how the headlines of today were truly forged in the century past.
- Author BiographyWilliam Colin Marris served as a commissioned officer in the United States Naval Reserve. He holds a Master's Degree in History Summa Cum Laude from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and is currently pursuing a Doctorate. Marris has also been accepted for membership in Mensa. His primary area of study is Biblical History which he has taught for more than a decade at a small Bible college, and he plans to publish a book on the Jewish roots of Christianity in 2016. W. Colin Marris has personally visited numerous Biblical sites throughout Israel, Palestine, Egypt, Greece, Turkey, Jordan and Italy. In addition, he has traveled to all fifty states, nearly seventy countries, and all seven continents. Marris and his artist wife Lynne seasonally commute between the Lake Country of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin and the Sonoran Desert of Anthem, Arizona. Together they have three adult married children, six grandchildren, and a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier named Cosmo.
- Author(s)W Colin Marris
- PublisherCircuit Rider Ministries
- Date of Publication17/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCircuit Rider Ministries
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.