All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $28.98Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $18.27Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $18.00Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $18.62Trending at AU $20.62
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.02
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $23.04
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionFirst Language versus Foreign Language deals with the battle that takes place in writers' heads when writing in a foreign language. Most academics today need to write in ather language than in their first language (L1) in order to publish in internationally recognized journals. However, as writing research has shown, writing in a foreign language (FL) presents difficulties. The study compares L1 and FL writing, analysing written texts and the writing processes in terms of fluency, errors and revision. It takes a closer look at the battle between the L1 and the FL and offers useful insight. The findings allow a glimpse at the processes that take place in the brain, calling for new didactic approaches to FL writing.
- Author BiographyEsther Odilia Breuer is Head of the Centre for Writing Competency at Cologne University. Her main interests in writing research are foreign and second language writing, writing processes and neurological processes in writing. She is an active member of the SIG-Writing group and of the EATAW (European Association for the Teaching of Academic Writing).
- Author(s)Esther Odilia Breuer
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication25/02/2015
- Series TitleTextproduktion und Medium
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight540 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.