All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn First Person Action Research Judi Marshall invites her reader to join her in the rich world of first person inquiry: a reflexive approach to life and to one's own participation in research and learning. Written as a collage of interrelated chapters, fragments and voices, this is an important meditation on the nature of inquiring action. Judi Marshall's book provides an accessible introduction to self-reflective practice; exploring its principles and practices and illustrating with reflective accounts of inquiry from the author's professional and personal life. The book also considers action for change in relation to issues of ecological sustainability and corporate responsibility. Writing is reviewed as a process of inquiry, and as a way to present action research experiences. Connections are made with the work of the literary authors Nathalie Sarraute and Kazuo Ishiguro to expand the scope of typical academic writing practices. First Person Action Research is an important and practical resource for students, teachers and practitioners of action research alike. It is a thoughtful and sensitive account of an emerging field in Research Methods.
- Author BiographyJudi Marshall is Professor Emerita at Lancaster University Management School, UK, and draws on a long history as a qualitative and action researcher.
- Author(s)Judi Marshall
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.